I’ll soon migrate 2ality to a different hosting solution. This blog post tells you what you need to know.
Check out the preview
- You can preview the new design at 2ality.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com.
- Once the switch is made, the old design will remain available at 2ality.blogspot.com for a while.
For readers, not much changes
These are the major changes:
- The URLs stay the same, but the domain
2ality.comwill become the default, whereas it was
www.2ality.comup to now (
wwwwill forward to the default).
- The new design is cleaner and simpler and responsive. It should work better on mobile devices. It also provides a stable foundation for future enhancements.
- The RSS feed will continue to be at feeds.feedburner.com/2ality. The switch should go smoothly; in case there are problems, you now know why.
A few more details
I’ve been meaning to move away from Blogger for years. I’ve always wanted the site to be statically generated, but the last pieces only fell into place over the last year:
- Using isomorphic React for static site generation significantly simplified my code.
- I’m hosting the site on Amazon S3, because it’s relatively cheap and because I’m familiar with it.
I’m working on a blog post explaining more of the technologies behind the new approach and why I changed things. Stay tuned.